Are you looking for a full-time role in Key Stage 2 starting in January?
Can you make learning fun and engaging? If so, click ‘apply now’.
This lovely two-form entry school requires a KS2 teacher from January. The 'good' rated school is located close to Dorking town centre, is close to the A24 and A25 and has excellent rail links to London, Horsham, Gatwick and Guildford. Behaviour is generally very good across the school. this particular class has 2 children with an EHCP and therefore will have 2 LSA's to support them. The position is initially until the end of the academic year, covering the permanent teacher who is on maternity leave.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Preparing lessons in line with the curriculum
• Adaptability to ensure students are challenged depending of their varying needs
• Working effectively with a teaching assistant where appropriate
• Preparing and explaining homework exercises that will further expand the topic knowledge
• Marking and providing clear and concise feedback on completed work in a timely fashion
• Effective management of classroom behaviour and keeping a positive learning atmosphere
Ensuring and assessing the safety and safeguarding of children key requirements for the position include:
• DBS - In date, with no reprimands which prohibit working with children
• Relevant qualifications - a degree along with relevant teaching qualifications (ie PGCE)
• QTS is desirable - NQT applications are warmly welcomed
• Experience of teaching key stage 2 is essential
• Strong commitment and a positive attitude to the role and objectives