Work for Us
Established in 2002, Academics has grown to be one of the UK’s leading Education Recruitment companies specialising in the long term and short term provision of supply teachers and support staff, as well as offering a full permanent recruitment service. We operate from nine offices across England and one in Melbourne, Australia, and are a wholly owned subsidiary of Servoca PLC, one of the largest listed public sector recruitment organisations.
Due to expansion, we are regularly looking for additional staff in each of our offices, as well as experienced managers and consultants for new location setups. To be considered, you will have a successful sales / recruitment background, and/or education background with a sales led personality, and be keen to cross-train into the education recruitment sector. Our role requires a mixture of new business calling, meeting schools, advertising positions, interviewing candidates, placing candidates against opportunities, arranging interviews, contract negotiation and on-going customer service with both the client and the candidate.
All candidates and clients are met face to face, our safeguarding compliance record is outstanding, and our approach is based on honesty and quality.
What are the benefits of working for Academics?
- We are a rapidly expanding, successful company, always looking to promote from within.
- We have an excellent reputation across the UK for providing long term contract and permanent staff.
- Our approach to working with the schools is fair, honest, with an emphasis on quality rather than volume.
- We have one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the business – essential for building sustainable, long terms relationships with both our schools and candidates.
- We provide a range of excellent tools, and internal support, to enable you to offer the best possible recruitment service.
- We are widely acknowledged to have one of the best commission schemes in the Education sector (if not the best) in order to attract the very best people.
- We offer very competitive basic salaries coupled with incentives to improve your salary based on performance. All development is merit based rather than time served.
- We offer our staff holidays starting at 32 days per year rising to a maximum of 37 days (plus bank holidays)