Security and Vetting
At Academics, we understand that vetting and security is paramount in education, which is why we pride ourselves on going above and beyond DfE guidelines so that our clients can be 100% assured that our applicants have been vetted using the most stringent vetting procedures in the industry, allowing clients to comply with their legal obligations for Safer Recruitment in Education.
Academics have achieved REC Audited Education Gold Standard Accreditation.
You can be assured that our vetting procedures are always adhered to and that for all applicants we hold;
- Teaching Qualification – if applicable (verified by DfE/QTLS check or UK NARIC if awarded overseas)
- Valid Photographic ID
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK (UK/EU Passport or valid visa document)
- Competency Based Interview
- Professional References (covering 2 years including most recent employer)
- Current DBS Certificate (Including a valid Online Status Check)
- Barred List Clearance (formerly List99)
- Medical Declaration
- Overseas Police Checks – if applicable (for time spent living or working overseas)
- Current CV (covering 10 year work history)
In the regrettable event of an incident occurring which involves an Academics candidate, we will follow DfE Incident Reporting Guidelines to the letter. We will also provide all relevant documentation within our powers, and attend any subsequent meetings or hearings.