Art and Design Teacher – North East Worcestershire – September
Academics are in search of an energetic, passionate and creative Art and Design Teacher, for a part time role at a Secondary School in North East Worcestershire. You will be teaching in a supportive, well-resourced and ambitious department 3 days a week from September for half a term, in the first instance. You will be required to plan and deliver lessons to KS3-KS4 pupils (KS5 is advantageous but not essential), mark and assess pupils work to ensure pupil progression and demonstrate excellent classroom management skills.
The school boasts a modern art and technology department, with well-equipped rooms, including state of the art equipment and resources. The department achieves excellent results at GCSE and A level and they need an enthusiastic and committed teacher, to contribute high-quality lessons to maintain these excellent results.
The successful candidate:
* UK QTS
* Art and Design specialist with relevant teaching experience
* Up to date and secure subject knowledge- this includes experience of teaching a range of art methods such as drawing, painting, mixed media, print making and digital art
* Well organised professional who can use their initiative and work well in a team
* Good communication skills
* Strong behaviour management
* Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Why join Academics?
* Academics the preferred agency for the Worcestershire area
* Competitive rates of pay in many cases above industry standard
* A dedicated and reliable consultant available 24/7
* Specialists in daily/short term/long term positions
* Refer a friend scheme where you will receive £125 worth of vouchers – terms and conditions apply
If you would like to find out more about this role, please call Katie for an informal discussion on 01905 896 122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Academics are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect every candidate to share this commitment. Assignments are subject to safeguarding and child protection screening in line with DfE polices, including right to work, employment history and enhanced DBS checks.