Did you know?
Human hair is so strong that a single strand can hold 100g in weight. This means that a whole head of combined hair could hold up to 12 tonnes (the equivalent of 2 elephants).
Can you make learning fun and engaging? If so, click apply now.
An ‘good’ SEN school for ages 7-19 in Horsham is looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant to start in April 2020. The school has a cohort of 46 children currently with the capacity of 60. The children there are high-functioning ASD children who take GCSE’s and the ratios of 4 children to 1 teacher and 1 teaching assistant helps in creating an excellent learning environment. The school is located on the outskirts of Horsham so you will ideally have your own means of transport.
In the role you can benefit from:
* A competitive salary
* Subsidised lunches
* Career progression opportunities
* A really impressive purpose-built learning environment
* Great training and development opportunities
* A term time contract
* A supportive working atmosphere with a great sense of team work
Your responsibilities will include:
* Working closely with the teacher to understand the aims and objectives of each lesson
• Developing rapport and a positive relationship with the children you will work with
• Having patience and adaptability to explore different methods
• Providing effective feedback to the teacher on a regular basis
• Effective management of classroom behaviour and keeping a positive learning atmosphere
Ensuring and assessing the safety and safeguarding of children key requirements for the position include:
• DBS - In date, with no reprimands which prohibit working with children
• Relevant qualifications – GCSE in Maths and English are required
• Degree level qualifications are highly advantageous but not essential
• You will have experience of working with SEN children
• Strong commitment and a positive attitude to the role and objectives