Academics Ltd are currently looking for Newly Qualified Teacher's Sheffield to work in Education and Training as supply teachers within Primary Schools across Sheffield and South Yorkshire and surrounding region for the new Academics year.
Main duties as a Supply Teacher-Newly Qualified Teacher's Sheffield
• Reliable, professional and flexible!
• Your role as a Supply Teacher is to offer continuity and help provide an opportunity for learning for the students.
• Our ideal NQT will be able to quickly establish a purposeful learning environment where pupils feel secure and confident; where diversity is valued; where there are opportunities to maximise teaching and learning.
• To teach clearly structured lessons/sequences of work which interest and motivate students.
• Pupils' learning needs/abilities taken in to account and work differentiated if/when needed, follow existing plans in place and utilise classroom support where applicable.
• Learning objectives are clearly shared with pupils and revisited to ensure progress made and understood
• Interactive whole class or collaborative group work strategies are used within the lesson
• Active and independent learning is promoted that enables pupils to think for themselves and to plan and manage their own learning.
• As a supply teacher you need to be able to establish a clear framework for classroom discipline and follow the school’s procedures for managing behaviour which recognises, encourages and rewards good behaviour.
• On Supply you may be required to mark and assess pupils' work, using a range of monitoring and assessment strategies, evaluating pupil progress toward the planned learning objectives set out by the school.
• To reflect and evaluate on own teaching and modify or amend as appropriate
• To keep up-to-date with current educational thinking/best practice by attending relevant In-Service Education and Training when applicable and available.
What Academics can offer Newly Qualified Teacher's Sheffield
• Competitive rates of daily pay.
• Variety of assignments, giving you a good insight into local schools and how they work.
• Education and Training – online courses and regular Branch run training sessions.
• Referral schemes
• Daily, Ad hoc cover, short term placements, and long term
• Permanent opportunities
• Dedicated Consultant – Supportive Local team on hand to help however we can.
• Out of hours contact when needed.
• Chance to complete induction when in longer term placements.
If you are interested in working as a Newly Qualified Teacher's Sheffield and South Yorkshire region and you are a NQT or RQT then we would like to hear from you!