Science Teacher –Wigston – August 2019
Are you a science teacher looking for a permanent position in Leicestershire to start in August 2019?
Academics ltd is supporting a lovely school in Wigston and has an exciting opportunity to recruit a qualified science teacher to start in September 2019. We have a role available for an enthusiastic science teacher to join this amazing school made up of a strong team of professionals. The school is looking for a confident science teacher with good communication skills; strong behaviour management skills and someone who is passionate about helping kids achieve their full potential. This Long term position to start in August 2019 and interviews will be taking place immediately.
You will be a qualified and experienced science teacher looking to teach a KS3 & 4 classes. An exciting opportunity for you to play a vital role in teaching and helping students improve and achieve academically.
The job role includes:
* Plan work in accordance with departmental schemes of work and national curriculum programmes of study
* Set appropriate and challenging science work for all pupils in KS3 & KS4 class
* Keep appropriate records of pupils’ work
* Complete pupil reports in line with school policy.
* Developing and encouraging, supporting students’ academic learning in science (biology, physics & chemistry)
* Plan and deliver science lessons to an excellent standard
* Assessing and marking science work and assignments
* monitor students’ progression and raise attainment levels
* Resilient, driven and self motivated science teacher
* Science related Degree and UK Teaching qualification (QTS,PGCE)
* Experience in teaching trilogy AQA science is advantageous
* UK classroom experience
* Available full time from August 2019
* Able to travel around Wigston, leicestershire
* Valid DBS or willingness to obtain one
* At least 1 year experience in a UK secondary school
* Be qualified up to degree level with classroom experience
* Proven and relevant experience of teaching KS3 – 5 UK science curriculum
* NQT science Teacher or QTS science Teacher
Additionally you will benefit from:
* Joining a supportive and thriving department
* NQT’s will receive a lot support on induction
* Career progression opportunities
* Competitive Salary
If you are willing to go the extra mile to provide an outstanding education to fantastic children, then we would welcome your application to this long term science teacher position. Please send your CV to Sheila.firstname.lastname@example.org or CALL 01216167610