Psychology Graduate aspiring to be a SEN Teaching Assistant, Farnham
Have you always wanted to specialise with Autistic, Gifted and talented pupils?
Or are you a SEN Teaching Assistant with 12 months of practical experience of working within the SEN sector?
Would you know your objectives within a Guildford Secondary school? Have you got ambitions of becoming a Occupational Therapist?
Would you like to increase your experience working with SEN pupils of varying degree of ability and behaviour?
If you want to be a Clinical psychologist, these are the roles you that you need to throw yourself into
Do you want to increase your EBD experience and knowledge before entering a career into Education and Clinical Psychology?
Having had the pleasure of placing Psychology Graduates into SEN Teaching Assistant roles for the last 8 years, it has become clear that this is a fantastic way to gain the practical experience you will require to become a Occupational therapist or Education Psychologist in the coming years.
As rewarding as it can be, being a SEN Teaching Assistant can be a challenging role at the best of the times within a primary school. Particularly when working as a SEN Teaching Assistant with EBD pupils with Autism/ADHD, you have to be prepared for the situations you are going to be entering.
* Gifted and Talented Assistant role starting immediately and continuing in September 2017
* Working with EBD, SEMH, ADHD ASD pupils within a positive, vibrant Farnahm Secondary school
* £70 per day for Psychology Graduate
* Learning from experienced SEN Teaching Assistants, some Psychology Graduate, some not. They will impart knowledge to you, aiding your future development within the psychology sector or school based sector
* A Guildford Secondary school with exceptional facilities. Large secondary with over a 1000 pupils
* Working closely with class teachers on pupil’s IEPs, studying data and seeing as a SEN Teaching Assistant where you can help make improvements
* As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be working closely with pupil’s parents sometimes, parent evenings, keeping on top of their behavioural patterns and ensuring good work carried out at school is continued in the home
* Ideal role for Psychology graduates who is looking towards a MSc, research projects and
SEN Teaching Assistant role, Farnham
-5 days a week, working 1:1 and in small groups with SEN pupils
-Raising attainment with Gifted and Talented pupils
-Some of the SEN Teaching Assistant work will be exclusively focused on working with a Year 3 boy with EBD. Some afternoons will be used to build up your SEN Teaching Assistant experience in other areas, as and when needed
Psychology Graduate, Farnham.
-Degree and non degree applicants welcome, it is the experience and competency levels of reading and writing that will be of most importance to aid in the raising of attainment
-SEN experience, paid or voluntary is crucial for this role. As a SEN Teaching Assistant you need to be comfortable with the roles and pupils you are going to be working with.
- GSCE Grade of ‘C’ needed in Maths and English
-Previous experience, personal or voluntary is an advantage, empathy and sincerity are key