The position is working in schools catering for 5-16 year olds, this is a fantastic opportunity for Teaching Assistants in a SEN setting.
The role involves working with students on a 1 to 1 or small group basis. There are numerous positions available for this role.
Teaching assistant Duties and Responsibilities
1 Support for Pupils
* To support pupils’ development and promote independence in a safe, secure, challenging
environment employing strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
* To support the learning of individual and groups of pupils as identified in the weekly
curriculum planning and to act as a role model, setting high expectations
* To focus on individual pupils to ensure their needs are being met within the group
* To work with other staff to develop and implement the IEPs for pupils
* To encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others
* To observe, record and support the development and progress of pupils to identify individual
needs and difficulties and to feed back to pupils in relation to their progress and achievement
* To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom
* To meet the physical/medical needs of the pupil according to a pupil’s individual care plan
whilst encouraging independence wherever possible. Medical needs include the administration
of medicines by mouth or other medical procedures provided appropriate training has been
given by an appropriate person.
* To participate in pupils' play and extend and stimulate language through conversation
Team teach certified if possible
Academics can offer you; *Work opportunities across Key Stages * teaching experience within a wide range of friendly and supportive local schools *Great daily rates of pay and bonuses if working over certain days in our Schools *Opportunities to take part in a number of exciting CPD training courses to support your delivery. *Possess strong classroom management skills *Demonstrate flexibility and have a positive attitude *Are both reliable and conscientious Please feel free to send us your CV today. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the opportunities that we currently have to offer in more detail then please contact us as soon as you can. You will also be able to arrange an interview with one of our dedicated consultants at our South Yorkshire Branch (which is conveniently located in Barnsley town centre)
Please contact Andrew on 01226 446960 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org