Learning Support Assistant – LSA – COIN – Speech and Language Needs – Surrey
The school is based in Shepprton, Surrey and provides support for primary aged pupils who have a range of complex communication and interaction needs. All students that attend the school have a designated Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) which details their specific needs in terms of the care and support they will have access to. The pupils at the school can struggle to form strong, healthy relationships and can present high levels of anxiety and challenging behaviour.
The school provides a unique, specialist environment that closely fits the needs and challenges that the students face. It is based at a purpose-built facility which is designed to crate spaces that are ideal for the students. This allows the school to deliver a broad, balanced curriculum that provides the best opportunity for successful outcomes for the students. The curriculum rich and varied and based on a sensory approach. The curriculum is differentiated to the individual needs of the students. The level is early years - KS1.
Hours and salary:
* 36 hours per week, term time only, 8.30am-4.00pm
* £70-£80 per day – depending on experience
* January or February 2022 start dates depending on your availability
* To establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn.
* To promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour.
* Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day to day running of the class
* To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school. Some physical intervention may be needed upon occasion, full training on this will be provided.
* To promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
Requirements and application process:
* Post graduate qualification in psychology or criminology is desirable but not essential
* L3 Teaching Assistant Qualification as a minimum
* Level 2 (GCSE) in Maths and English – essential
* Experience of working in a special school environment is highly desirable
* A positive, proactive attitude with a genuine desire to work with students that have additional learning and behavioural needs
* Apply via this advert or call Ben Mason on 01483 362393 for more details.