We are seeking a dedicated and passionate SEMH Maths Teacher to work in a specialist Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) setting. As an SEMH Maths Teacher, you will play a crucial role in supporting and guiding students with diverse needs in their mathematical learning journey.
Your responsibilities as a SEMH Maths Teacher:
* Deliver engaging and differentiated mathematics lessons to students with SEMH needs, ensuring their progress and attainment.
* Develop individualised learning plans and adapt teaching strategies to accommodate students' varying abilities and learning styles.
* Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes emotional well-being and academic growth.
* Employ a range of teaching techniques and resources to enhance students' understanding of mathematical concepts.
* Utilise assessment tools effectively to monitor students' progress, identify areas for improvement, and provide constructive feedback.
* Collaborate with other members of the school community, including SENCOs, support staff, and parents/guardians, to create a holistic support system for students.
* Implement behaviour management strategies and techniques to address challenging behaviours and support students in developing self-regulation skills.
* Maintain accurate records of students' achievements, attendance, and behaviour, and provide reports as required.
As an SEMH Maths Teacher, you will have:
* Qualified teacher status (QTS) or equivalent teaching qualification.
* Specialisation in Mathematics, with a strong understanding of the subject curriculum.
* Experience working with students with SEMH needs or in a similar SEN environment.
* Knowledge of effective SEMH teaching strategies and interventions.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents/guardians, and colleagues.
* Patience, empathy, and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
* Strong organisational and time management skills.
* Commitment to ongoing professional development and willingness to learn new approaches.
The successful candidate will need to have experience in teaching, either in mainstream or specialist settings and will need to be aware of the GCSE exam boards and specifications.
If this is the SEMH Maths Teacher position you have been looking for, apply today! We welcome applications and any additional queries from experienced English and Maths Teachers and tutors.
Is this role not what you are looking for? We are constantly in need of talented education staff to fill a wide variety of positions. Please get in touch and we are happy to discuss our opportunities with you!