SEMH Primary Teaching Assistant
Do you have experience of supporting pupils with Social Emotional Mental Health needs? Are you confident in working with children with ASC, ADHD, Autism, SEMH, or other comorbid conditions? Have you ever had experience with MAPA, Team Teach, or any other de-escalation training?
You’ll be kept busy, working with primary aged pupils across Key Stage One (KS1) and Key Stage Two (KS2) with challenging behaviour and SEMH needs. Your day will be varied, supporting children in the classroom to manage their own behaviour, engage with tasks set by the class teacher, and reach their potential. You’ll take initiative, be resilient, and drive pupils to achieve and progress. You’ll work on learning activities, promote confidence, and encourage pupils to act independently to succeed.
* A Qualified Teaching Assistant with experience of young people with SEMH, autism, ADHD, or other disabilities and needs
* Experienced working with primary aged pupils across Key Stage One (KS1) and Key Stage Two (KS2)
* Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills
* Promote happiness, self-reliance and encourage positive interactions
* Academics are an established and respected education recruiter
* Generous rates of pay
* A dedicated SEN Consultant
* A large number of schools exclusive to Academics
* Honest and friendly service
* Access to our ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
Our staff say…
* ‘I had never registered with an agency before and Academics have been wonderful!’
* ‘A warm, friendly, but professional service’
* ‘I have worked for several teaching agencies in the past, but this is the first time that I have felt like 'more than just a number'
Could this be the role for you? Send your CV over, or give me a call!
Is this role not what you’re looking for? We are constantly in need of talented education staff to fill a wide variety of positions. Please get in touch and we’re happy to discuss our opportunities with you!