Do you have prior experience of supporting students with Special Educational Need (SEN) requirements, physical needs, or disabilities?
Are you confident in working with children with cerebral palsy, moderate learning difficulties (MLD), specific learning difficulties (SpLD), or other SEN barriers?
We are currently looking to expand our current cohort of experienced SEN Teaching Assistants for day-to-day, short term, and long-term support and assistance within our partnership SEN schools located in Hull and East Riding.
For this particular role, you will work with primary aged pupils. Your day will be varied; supporting children with SEN requirements and physical needs in the classroom, engage with tasks set by the class teacher, and reach their potential. You will take initiative, be resilient, and drive pupils to achieve and progress. You will work on learning activities, promote confidence, and encourage pupils to act independently to succeed.
* A minimum of 12 months experience of assisting a young person with a disability, SEN or physical need.
* Desirably experience of working in a school environment, but this is not essential.
* Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills.
* Promote happiness, self-reliance and encourage positive interactions.
* Hold a current DBS that is registered with the Update Service; or to be happy to apply for a new DBS with ourselves (cost applied).
Academics are a leading national education agency that specialises in the recruitment of permanent, long term and daily supply teachers and support staff. As an Academic’s SEN TA you will have a dedicated consultant who will support you with your career and who will give you access to a variety of flexible opportunities, all at great rates of pay.
If you hold the relevant experience and wish to be considered for this role, please click ‘APPLY NOW’ below today.
Not an experience SEN Teaching Assistant, but you know someone who is? Or are you a teacher or teaching assistant but qualified in a different specialism? Academics are regularly looking for brilliant and enthusiastic education staff to fill a range of roles that we have currently available! Please call Laura Terry today on 01482 425401 or email email@example.com to discuss other opportunities that we may have.