* SEN Teacher
* £130+ per day (negotiable depending on experience)
* Full time position, Monday to Friday
* Primary SEN School
* To Start in September
* OFSTED rated Outstanding
* Location: Redbridge
We are currently recruiting for a SEN Teacher with strong SEN knowledge and experience to work at this Outstanding Special Primary School in Redbridge. All children attending the school have learning difficulties with additional complexities such as autism, speech and language disorders, challenging behaviour or medical needs.
In line with other special schools in Redbridge, the school has moved away from the national curriculum and recently adapted their curriculum to focus on communication, independence skills, self-regulation, awareness of danger and staying safe, as well as English and Maths. This has resulted in the curriculum being broken down into 4 different levels: Early Years, Pre Formal (P1-4), Semi Formal (P4-7) and Formal (P8- National Curriculum). Sensory stories, Letters and Sounds, PECS and Makaton are all used to support literacy. For numeracy, Numicon and a sensory approach is used for concrete, representational and abstract learning.
Knowledge of Autism, non-verbal communication techniques and positive behaviour management will be essential to success in this position. The school day begins at 9.00am and finishes at 2.35 pm. The 190 pupils at the school are split into 24 classes. The SEN Teacher will be based in one of these classes and work alongside SEN Teaching Assistants to meet each individual pupil’s needs. The SEN Teacher will also have the support of a non-class based team who specialise in behaviour, communication, sensory needs, sleep counselling and family support. Some of these staff are on site and full time, others are provided by the Redbridge local authority. Working with a multi-disciplinary team provides fantastic opportunities for further education and training.
There is some flexibility with regard to the specific class and year level you will take on and this can be discussed at interview.
The SEN Teacher will:
* Have a proven ability to teach in SEN settings and differentiate for SEN learners
* Have strong knowledge of Autism, severe learning difficulties and non-verbal communication techniques
* Teach mixed ability classes of 7-10 pupils
* Be responsible for a team of SEN Teaching Assistants
* Support students with complex and interrelated needs including physical disabilities
* Work alongside a multidisciplinary team including occupational therapists and music therapists
* Have experience working in a SEN school (highly desired)
* Around 191 pupils currently enrolled
* Pupils aged 3-11 years old
* OFSTED rated OUTSTANDING
* Based in Redbridge
* Providing education and training for pupils with a range of complex needs including autism, speech and language disorders, challenging behaviour or medical needs
* Diverse education and training opportunities to further your SEN knowledge
Click apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02030314863 for more information.