SEN Teaching Assistant
Education is everything. Could you change the future, by supporting children with special educational needs to engage with their education?
Do you have experience of supporting pupils with SEN requirements, additional needs, or disabilities? Are you confident in working with children with autism, cerebral palsy, MLD, SpLD, or other SEN barriers? Have you ever had experience with PECS, Makaton, BSL, or any communication method?
You’ll be kept busy, working with pupils across Key Stages within the classroom to access their education. Your day will be varied, supporting children to engage with tasks set by the class teacher, and reach their potential. You’ll take initiative, be resilient, and drive pupils to achieve and progress. You’ll work on learning activities, promote confidence, and encourage pupils to act independently to succeed.
* A Qualified Teaching Assistant with experience of children with a disability or SEN
* Experienced working in school environments
* Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills
* Promote happiness, self-reliance and encourage positive interactions
* Academics are an established and respected education recruiter
* Generous rates of pay
* A dedicated SEN Consultant
* A large number of schools exclusive to Academics
* Honest and friendly service
* Access to our ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
Our staff say…
* ‘I had never registered with an agency before and Academics have been wonderful!’
* ‘A warm, friendly, but professional service’
* ‘I have worked for several teaching agencies in the past, but this is the first time that I have felt like 'more than just a number'
Could this be the role for you? Send your CV over, or give me a call!
Is this role not what you’re looking for? We are constantly in need of talented education staff to fill a wide variety of positions. Please get in touch and we’re happy to discuss our opportunities with you!