English Secondary Teacher – South West London – Immediate Start
Are you a qualified and experienced teacher of English looking for the flexibility and freedom of supply teaching? At Academics, we are seeking to hear from dedicated and professional teachers who are looking to expand their teaching options.
Why consider supply teaching?
Supply teaching provides you with the perfect opportunity to balance your time in the classroom with the rest of your life interests and responsibilities.
* Days off whenever you want – you don’t have to be constrained by school holidays only!
* Get out of the meetings, planning and paperwork that is a large part of a permanent teaching role
* It’s interesting! You will get to go to many different schools, work with a range of pupils and staff and generally inject some dynamism into your career
* It’s perfect for teachers who are approaching or who have reached retirement but love the classroom and want to keep busy and challenged
* It’s an opportunity to find out whether teaching is for you if you are early on in your career
* It’s the ideal way of returning to teaching after a career break
* Exposure to new teaching styles and environments to keep your teaching practice up-to-date
* Excellent option if you are pursuing a Masters or PhD
If you are a qualified teacher and you are looking for flexible teaching options whether that be short or long term then I want to talk to you!
Requirements of the role:
* Cover lessons for absent timetabled teachers
* Lessons will mostly be pre-planned
* You need to ensure that learning outcomes have been set and that they are met in the lesson
* Deliver learning effectively and communicate lesson objectives and learning outcomes clearly to students
* Supervise and monitor the behaviour of the class and ensure a positive learning environment
* Answer any questions a student may have
* Deal with any immediate issues or concerns in the appropriate manner
* Collect work and provide feedback to the relevant member of staff as required
* Qualified teacher English
* UK QTS essential
* Strong classroom presence and behaviour management skills
* Flexibility and reliability
* Passionate about being a teacher and working with young people
* Patient and attentive
* Confident communicator
* Professional attitude
* Excellent organisational skills
* UK teaching experience within the last 2 years is desirable
* Teaching references essential
* Willingness to undergo compliance checks
How to apply:
If you are a qualified and experienced English teacher looking for supply teaching opportunities in South West London, please call Daniel on 0203 0040 722 or apply today with your CV.