Qualified SEND Teaching Assistants – Birmingham - ASAP - Daily Supply
Academics are currently recruiting qualified, resilient and caring special needs teaching assistants for a range of special needs schools in the Birmingham area. This role is to commence ASAP for daily supply.
You can choose to support children with a range of special needs including Autism (ASD), Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH), Emotional Behaviour Disorder (EBD), Profound Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Moderate learning difficulties (MLD), Speech and Language difficulties (SpLD), Hearing impairments (HI) and Visual impairments (VI). You will help to ensure pupils in different age groups access the curriculum and make progression.
To be an ideal candidate for this role, you will need to be empathetic, calm and patient. Strong communication skills are also important in order to ease the process for the pupil. As well as being challenging, this role will also prove to be rewarding as you will be able to play an active role in making a difference in the students' progress.
* NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
* Supporting pupils in the classroom and around the school environment
* Strong knowledge of behaviour management
* Experience working in similar environments
* Available to start work ASAP
* Valid DBSor willingness to obtain one
* On occasion, providing personal care for the students (this is desirable but not essential)
* Team teach trained or equivalent behaviour management certificate
* Makaton/BSL trained or experience of using it in practise
* PECS trained/experienced
* Experience of supporting SEN pupils such as ASD, SEMH, EBD, PMLD, SLD, MLD, SpLD, HI and/or VI
The schools are in close proximity to Erdington, Sparkhill, Stechford, Saltley, Alum Rock, Kings Heath, Selly Oak, Solihull and Redditch.
Please apply today to register your interest for this role or to find out more information, please call Katie for an informal discussion on 0121 616 7610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer competitive rates of pay, in many cases above industry standard and you will receive continued support from your experienced personal consultant.
We also run a refer a friend scheme whereby you will receive £125* for any member of staff who you recommend to us who then registers and works 20 days for us.
Academics are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect every candidate to share this commitment. Assignments are subject to safeguarding and child protection screening in line with DfE polices, including right to work, employment history and enhanced DBS checks