Food Teacher needed ASAP for a School outside Aylesbury.
Academics are currently working with a large Academy based outside Aylesbury, the School are looking for a Food Technology Teacher who can teach to A Level. The role is open to NQT’s or experienced Teachers.
The Design and Technology Department is vibrant and high achieving. Technology lessons are exciting and varied, offering learners a chance to become independent designers who strive for the highest standards. They enable their students to 'Aspire and Achieve' through a wide variety of practical and creative experiences. Design and technology is taught at KS3, 4 and 5, with a carousel operating in KS3 for all students.
The team consists of 6 teachers and 2 technicians, all of whom are committed to giving their students the best experiences possible in the subject.
The School have six classrooms where Food, Textiles, Materials Technology and CAD/CAM are taught. Each room is very well-equipped with specialist equipment.
The School follow the National Curriculum closely where it matches the needs of their students and KS3 results are improving year by year. Each year group of 6 forms is divided into 2 mixed ability bands which are then divided into 4 teaching groups. The year is divided into 4 parts so that the groups can follow a carousel system, studying Food, CAD/CAM, Materials Technology and Textiles.
The Schemes of learning are:
* Licensed to Cook unit in year 7
* Food a fact of life in year 8.
They currently use AQA examinations for GCSEs in Food Preparation and Nutrition.
What the School are looking for:
* Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met, momentum and challenge are maintained, and best use is made of teaching time.
* Use teaching methods including a variety of differentiation strategies which keep students engaged, including stimulating students’ intellectual curiosity, effective questioning and response, clear presentation and good use of resources.
* Set high expectations for students' behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well-focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships.
* Whilst having a real passion for teaching and learning they are looking for an innovative and committed classroom practitioner who can teach outstanding Food Technology lessons at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5.
If you are interested in this Food Technology role based outside Aylesbury please contact Stephanie World via email Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01442 508870.
Academics are an Education and Training Recruitment Specialists. We are recruiting for similar vacancies across Aylesbury.
Academics are an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview