Behaviour Support Assistant
£60-£65 per day
Short and Long Term positions available
College Based (16-19 year olds)
Q: Are you a resilient and calming character, with behaviour management abilities?
If you have answered 'yes' to the above, you could be the Behaviour Support Assistant we are looking for.
Academics are looking for a Behaviour Support Assistant who can work on a 1 to 1 basis and also in small groups, implementing academic interventions to students. We are looking for someone who has the ability to support learning, whilst building confidence and self-belief. It is essential that the right candidate can help students to see the importance of education and the recognise how valuable and worthwhile learning is.
As a Teaching Assistant your responsibilities will include:
* Working with individuals with Emotional Behaviour Disorder and Additional Learning Difficulties, ensuring the pupils are kept on task and complete activities set
* Dealing with behavioural issues in conjunction with learning support staff
* Delivery of behavioural interventions
* Helping to implement lesson plans, aims and contents with the class tutor
* Providing feedback
In addition, you will be:
* Working with challenging behaviour away from the classroom as a respite strategy
* Work externally to the main campus site, e.g. on trips and educational visits
* Supervision of students at breaks and lunchtimes
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Experience of working as a learning support assistant with EBD or ALN previously
* High expectations of student’s behaviour and clear strategies for working with challenging pupils
* Ability to motivate and encourage students appropriately
* Ability to work independently, supported by support staff, with groups of or individual pupils
Essential personal qualities:
* Ability to cope with emotionally demanding situations
* The ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships
* Good communication skills and able to clarify and explain instructions clearly
* Commitment to raising the levels of achievement of children of all abilities
* Committed to and be able to actively demonstrate safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
* DBS on update service
* Registered with the Education workforce council
* Can provide 2 professional references from previous employers within the last 5 years
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students, then we are keen to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office for an informal chat on 02920 100 525.