SEN teaching assistant - September 2019
A special state school for boys and girls aged between 9 and 16 is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced teaching assistant.
The school aims to provide bespoke and tailored interventions to meet each child’s individual needs, addressing academic, social and emotional deficiencies. As a member of this school, you will be actively motivating, teaching and inspiring children to want to learn and become active members of the school community.
A teaching assistant is expected to support the leading teacher by working with much smaller groups, or, in some cases, with certain individuals.
Being a SEN teaching assistant is both challenging and rewarding and the role is likely to vary hugely on a day to day basis. Some of the duties would include but not be limited to:
* One to one support of students with extra special educational needs
* Assisting the leading teacher with the whole class – including behaviour management
* Liaising ahead of time with tutors about upcoming lessons and what will be required of them.
* Safeguarding young people.
* Having an understanding and patient manner with strong communication skills.
* Ready and available to work from September 2019
* Able to provide own transport to and from Selly Oak
* Level 3 qualified / Degree level education
* Experience working as a teaching assistant
* Experience working with individuals with special educational needs.
Apply now for an immediate interview.
Please send your CV to Zara.Mohammed@academicsltd.co.uk or CALL 01216167610