Behaviour Teaching Assistant – Wolverhampton – ASAP
Academics Ltd is currently supporting a behaviour school in Wolverhampton with their search for a confident and resilient behaviour Teaching Assistant to start ASAP.
This position will be working in a primary through to secondary school which specialises in providing care and education for young people with EBD and SEMH. The school caters for children and young people that struggle with emotional and behavioural needs.
Due to the needs of our Young People experience of working with autistic / SEN students is beneficial.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom
-To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom
-To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
-To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
-To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
-To work 1:1 with an allocated student and provide support in all educational areas
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and behaviour assistance for an allocated class or pupil.
-Evidence of working with challenging behaviour
-Awareness of safeguarding young people
-GCSE C grade or above in English and Maths or equivalent
-High degree of resilience, would suit individuals from a HM Forces / Policing background
-Good communication skills
By registering with Academics Ltd, we can offer you:
* We are specialists in long-term and permanent placements
* We are an established brand meaning we can provide better daily rates with an array of opportunities available
*Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn *£100 in vouchers
To join us and be successful in this SEN behaviour Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
If you believe you have the ability to do this role please apply for an immediate interview. For any queries please call Daryl on 0121 616 7610 or Daryl.Brown@academicsltd.co.uk.