Seeking experienced Children’s Residential Support Workers to work weekends and/or during school holidays. Shifts available of either early, late or long days to suit your availability.
Our Client is a well-established and respected residential provision and leading provider of therapeutic care and early intervention for children and young people aged 5-18 years, with emotional behavioural problems.
The home is situated in a semi-rural location in the Staffordshire Moorlands area.
You will develop and maintain professional relationships with: Children and young people looked after at the home, Families, Team members, other professionals working with / looking after young people, representatives of OFSTED. The role is well suited to those with previous experience in a chuldren's residential setting, or within the mental health arena.
Summary of responsibilities:
* To contribute to the development of the children and young people through the provision of a healthy life style
* To promote and provide a variety of appropriate, stimulating activities and a consistent and caring adult model.
* To engage, communicate, talk and listen to the children and young people. To observe their behaviour and record significant features.
* To provide additional support and comfort to children and young people under stress.
* To use reactive strategies to control the behaviour of children and young people who are unable to manage their own behaviour.
All offers are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.
If you would like more information then please send us an application for our consideration, alternatively contact Lisa for an informal and confidential chat on 01782 444058 or email email@example.com