Halesowen, West Midlands
Start: April 2019
Salary - £25,000 - £30,000
Temp to perm
Academics are actively seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, hardworking Facilities Manager to work at a school in Halesowen, West Midlands. The Facilities Manager’s main purpose will be to support the Principal and Academy Committee by providing effective and efficient management of the premises and its facilities.
The school are looking to recruit a permanent Facilities Manager but the contract will be temporary to begin with, with the view of a permanent position. The role is to start in April 2019 and the successful applicant will be contracted to 30 hours per week plus 90 hours project delivery. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for Site Staff (including Security Wardens and Lunchtime Supervisors) and external contractors.
The successful candidate must have experience working as a Facilities Manager. Your application will not be considered if you do not have Facilities Management experience. To be considered for such positions, applicants must have a DBS that is dated within the last 6 months, have a DBS on the update service or be willing to pay £50 for a new one.
* Monitoring of cleaning performance of external contractor and staff and corrective actions.
* Monitoring of performance of catering contract and corrective action.
* Day to day monitoring of the site and premises, in consultation with the Site Manager, in order to maintain high standards of order, appearance and safety
* Planning, delivering, and reviewing a programme of statutory and routine site maintenance in conjunction with the Site Manager
* Operational oversight of responses to emergency premises issues.
* Coordination of safe operation and supervision of contractors on site.
* To establish and maintain a register of approved contractors and to maintain records relating to contractor insurance cover, competencies and DBS clearance where appropriate.
* Coordinating out of hours emergency response arrangement and personnel
* Managing appropriate overtime budgets and signing off monthly claims of site staff and those engaged in out of hours lettings.
* Planning, coordinating and managing capital works projects in consultation with the Principal and Site Manager.
* Compliance with CDM requirements and associated records.
At Academics we listen to and care about our candidates. Upon registering, you will be assisted by our Senior Support Services Consultant James Kearney, who has supplied non teaching support staff to schools across the Midlands for the past 5 years and has fantastic knowledge of the education sector. Whether it is temporary, permanent, part time or full time that you are looking for, then he will strive to find the perfect role for you. If you would like some more information on our current Facilities Manager roles in the West Midlands then please call James Kearney on 0121 616 7610 or send your CV to email@example.com.