Academics are working with an OFSTED-rated ‘good’ mainstream primary school in Walsall which is currently looking for experienced Teaching Assistants to join their team and provide learning opportunities for children with severe and complex Needs. The successful candidates will ideally hold an NVQ / CACHE Level 3 or equivalent and/or Bachelor’s Degree, have excellent literacy and numeracy skills and experience of working with primary-aged children.
Applicants will ideally have experience of working with children with special educational needs and an understanding of the barriers to learning for children with Autism and communication difficulties. They must be able to work effectively with the whole school team and outside agencies to provide a high level of support for the pupils to provide then with a safe and secure learning environment.
You must be able to use your initiative, be flexible to deal with all eventualities and have excellent interpersonal and communications skills. An awareness of issues related to working with children is essential, as is the understanding of the need to work within school policies and procedures.
You will be patient and caring combined with the ability to:
* Build close relationships with children.
* Work closely with parents and other professionals.
* Plan suitable activities and keep the motivated at all stages.
* Provide pastoral care and support to children and provide them with a secure environment to learn.
* Organise learning materials and resources.
* Make imaginative use of resources.
* Actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace.
* Use your own initiative and have a good standard of written English.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: £70-£90 per day (dependant on experience)
* Teaching Assistant experience
* SEN: 1 year (Preferred)
* GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
* Bachelor's Degree (Desireable)
SEN Primary Teaching Assistants required ASAP for a OFSTED-rated 'good' school in Walsall. Great opportunity.
Full support and ongoing training provided to successful applicants. This school is a really lovely place to work with wonderful children and a great established staff.