1:1 Learning Support Assistant
Vale of Glamorgan Primary School
Afternoons only over 5 days
£55-£65 Per Day
Academics are currently seeking to recruit a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to work afternoons only, five days a week, in a primary school in the Vale of Glamorgan. The role will offer the suitable candidate the opportunity to work in an inclusive and supportive environment which aims to nurture independent, confident and aspirational learners. The school provide opportunities for pupils to achieve their potential through the delivery of a relevant, flexible and innovative learning programme which celebrates success.
The role of a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant will involve providing support for a male Year 1 pupil. The pupil requires general support in all aspects of his school work to ensure he maintains his focus and does not become distracted. Previous experience of successfully supporting pupils in this context is essential.
The ideal 1:1 Learning Support Assistant will be passionate about supporting children, ensuring both their academic progress and enjoyment of learning. They will be expected to use their own initiative in the classroom, effectively utilising their communication skills to support the pupil in their day to day work. The ability to be flexible and adaptable and respond positively to last minute changes is also essential.
To become a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant in this primary school you will:
* Have proven experience of supporting pupils on a 1:1 basis within an educational setting.
* Be able to work effectively as part of a team and on your own initiative.
* Be able to support the learning policies of the school and become an active member of the team.
* Be enthusiastic and motivated, able to enhance the learning and academic progress of the pupil.
* Be able to provide two professional references.
As part of the Academics team you will benefit from:
* The support of a dedicated consultant.
* Excellent opportunities for CPD training.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 02920100526