Job Title: Geography Teacher
Start Date: February 2019
Salary: £24000 - £40000
Academics are recruiting for a school in Brent who are looking for a Geography Teacher to start in February 2019. The school is well established in the borough of Brent, has around 1400 pupils on roll and has a supportive, family atmosphere amongst staff.
The school can offer:
* Geography is a popular subject taught by a team of excellent teachers who value team work and the importance of high quality learning in the classroom as well as through fieldwork.
* The Humanities Faculty works collaboratively and is a reference point for outstanding practice across the school.
* Department members are committed to innovative learning and teaching strategies, sharing ideas and resources and pride themselves on their professionalism.
What you offer:
* Suitable candidates should be able to teach Geography at KS3 and KS4. There are opportunities to teach A Level for a suitable candidate.
* You will be passionate about your teaching and committed to working together, sharing ideas and developing resources.
* The school is commmitted to growth mindset and the professional development of all colleagues. East Barnet School is part of the North London Teaching Alliance (NTLA), providing a wealth of CPD opportunities such as the 'outstanding teacher' programme, which complements the extensive in house CPD offered.
* Leadership and Coaching programmes are particularly useful for staff new to the school or new to post. Coaching allows you to discuss issues and anxieties in a confidential setting, separate from any assessment or performance management process.
* Well Being is a school priority and time is set aside to ensure colleagues are able to maintain a positive whole life balance.
* We have received several awards in recognition of our personal and professional development of staff.
For more infomration on this role please contact Tariq at Academics of apply for the role.