Full Time or Part Time position available
£70-75 Per Day
Academics are looking to recruit a Lesson Supervisor to work full or part time at a Cardiff Secondary School. The position will provide an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to develop or gain experience working within a secondary school environment.
The role will involve the supervision of classes between years 7 and 11 in the short term absence of class teachers. You will be required to manage behaviour in class and support students across a number of subjects. The ideal candidate may also be required to perform additional roles including administrative duties; the running of support sessions and lunch/break time duties within the school (pay will be awarded for additional responsibility).
The ideal Lesson Supervisor should be confident and assertive in dealing with pupils between the ages of 11 and 16 and be able to use their own initiative successfully in the classroom. They will be expected to implement strategies to engage pupils in order to promote a successful learning environment and ensure the academic progress of the class in the absence of the teacher. Strong behaviour management skills are a must. They must be both adaptable and flexible and able to respond positively to last minute changes. As a Lesson Supervisor, the ability to communicate effectively and establish a rapport with both pupils and staff to ensure successful learning outcomes is imperative.
To become a Lesson Supervisor at this school you will:
* Ideally, have experience working with young people in a learning environment.
* Be confident and assertive when dealing with young people.
* Be able to work as part of a team and independently, using your own initiative.
* Be able to flexibly adapt to supervising lessons within different subject areas across year groups.
* Be able to support the learning policies of the school and become an active member of the teaching team.
* Be able to promote positive learning outcomes for pupils of varying abilities.
* Ideally, hold a undergraduate degree
If you think this job is for you please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 02920 100525.