Learning Support Assistant
To apply for this ASD Learning Support Assistant position it is essential that you have the following:
* Psychology/Creative Degree
* Sincere interest in Autism
* Non- graduates - paid/voluntary or personal previous experience working with SEN students
* Experience with family or extended family who may have Autism
* Must have at least a C grade for English/Maths & Science
* Speech and language experience is desirable but not essential
* Passionate & sincere about working with Special Educational Needs pupils
* Displaying good knowledge of Autism
* Being able to travel to Wembley
It is a 2 form school in Wembley, with a fantastic SENCo who you will be able to learn a lot from.
The school believes that every child must be provided with opportunities to develop socially, emotionally, academically and physically to achieve the highest possible standards. They are an inclusive learning community that is forward thinking, innovative and confident and committed to ensuring that all of the children in their care are happy, enthusiastic and purposeful learners.
***Are you someone with experience of working with children with ASD in a mainstream or special school?
***Do you have experience working particularly with children working at P levels/low cognitive ability?
***Do you have knowledge of TEEACH strategies and speech and language interventions?
***Do you have voluntary experience or personal experience with Autistic children?
The ASD Learning Support Assistant Position:
* You must be able to plan your own activities and pretty much get on with it without too much support.
* Working 1:1 with a child with severe Autism
* Writing reports on the child’s attainment
* Empathetic with parents and understanding their situation
* Be able to integrate into the mainstream
* Using your learned skills through your course in a real life situation
* Travelling to Wembley
* £18,000 - £20,000 Pro rata (dependent on experience)
To apply for this ASD Learning Support Assistant position in Wembley please contact Hannah Payne on 0203 031 4863 and upload your c.v today. I look forward to hearing from you soon.