Secondary Learning Support Manager full-time Nottingham role.
Are you looking for a new challenge that will contribute to the development of students in Doncaster?
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified candidate who will join an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school as a Secondary Learning Support Manager full-time Nottingham to help with education and training.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an empathetic and ambitious Secondary Learning Support Manager full-time Nottingham who is truly dedicated to supporting pupils to achieve and progress, has high aspirations for the pupils’ success. Your aim will be to support learning through the use of data, strategic intervention and monitoring in order to maximise student attainment. This role is also a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself, and, have a strong influence on student outcomes within a secondary school setting.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Monitor students in the assigned year group both academically, and with behavioural/pastoral issues
* Work closely with other members of staff on intervention strategies, targeting students for intervention and other issues which may present a barrier to learning
* Utilise school systems to track and intervene with serial truants and children who are late for school
* Record safeguarding incidents, including the production of reports on students for multi -agency meetings
* Be the first point of contact for behaviour related incidents and liaise with SLT regarding suitable outcomes
* Liaise with parents and act as the link between them and school with non-departmental issues
* Attend relevant meetings and undertake referrals for students and/or their families
* Support with the wider school community including supervise break times, organise proms/trips etc.
* Ensure strict confidentiality in all work and comply with all academy policies and procedures at all times
The role is to start ASAP and is ongoing for the rest of the academic year with the potential to continue into September for the right candidate!
Secondary Learning Support Manager full-time Nottingham Requirements:
* Need to hold relevant UK qualifications
* Experience with supporting students with behavioural issues and/or SEN
* Experience of a school/classroom environment
* An enhanced DBS is needed (ideally on update service), or willingness to secure a new one if needed.
ECT and experienced practitioners are welcome to apply! All applicants are subject to Academics compliance vetting and background checks in like with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (KCSIE).
* Industry leading daily rates of pay
* A great pension scheme
* Holiday pay included
* Your own dedicated consultant and point of contact here at Academics
* Education and training provided where needed - refresher courses in safeguarding and prevent training amongst others
* Refer a friend loyalty schemes
* 5 * Google reviews – check out our feedback!
The Doncaster South Yorkshire Academics branch are keen to secure a committed Secondary Learning Support Manager full-time Nottingham to work with a fantastic client partner school of Academics. Education and training can be provided where needed.