PMLD Teaching Assistant – Tower Hamlets
* PMLD Teaching Assistant required for an SEN school
* Tower Hamlets
* Supporting children with special needs and disabilities
* Immediate start
* 14 – 19 year olds
* 8.30am - 4.00pm Monday-Friday
* £75 - £80 per day depending on experience
An SEN school in Tower Hamlets are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join their staff as soon as possible. The school caters for students with PMLD aged 14-19 years. The school was rated “Outstanding” in their last inspection in May 2021 and currently has 100 students in attendance.
The ideal candidate:
* Experience working within in a PMLD school or a healthcare background
* Willingness to assist with personal care is essential for this role
* Have a positive and caring attitude with excellent communication skills
* Able to commit to a full time position, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 4.00pm
* Have a strong work/team ethic
* Resilient as the role can be challenging but very rewarding
* Passionate and professional
* Assisting learning in the classroom
* Working in collaboration with your team to deliver the highest quality of care
* Following students specific care plans
* Carrying out personal care, feeding, changing and lifting
* Assisting students on a 1:1 basis or in small group settings
* Supporting students with personal care, feeding, toileting, washing and dressing
* Adapt techniques to suit learners
* Manual handling - Lifting and helping students move around
* An Enhanced DBS Disclosure preferably on the update service, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Does this sound like the job for you?
If so, apply today! Please apply here or email email@example.com for more information on this role.
Academics are a leading national education agency that specialises in the recruitment of permanent, long term and daily supply teachers and support staff. At Academics we understand that jumping into a new work environment can be a daunting task, often tedious and requires a lot of preparation. As an Academic’s SEN TA you will have a dedicated consultant who will support you with your career and who will give you access to a variety of flexible opportunities, all at great rates of pay.