Academics are seeking hardworking, empathetic and committed Teaching Assistants to carry out daily, short, long term and temp to perm assignments in SEN and SEMH Schools in and around the Portsmouth area.
We have opportunities available in various SEN settings including primary SEN/SEMH, secondary SEN/SEMH and through schools which cater for all needs. We are constantly searching for experienced support assistants so whether you are immediately available for work, on not until next term, please get in touch.
Applicants will ideally:
* Have recent experience of supporting in a school setting, ideally within an SEN school
* Have a childcare/education related qualification e.g. CACHE3/NVQ3 in Childcare or care
* Have experience of working with children with SEN/challenging behaviour
* Be able to show good behaviour management skills, whilst remaining calm.
* Be available full-time over 3 days a week
* Ideally be based in the Portsmouth area or happy to travel for work.
* Be friendly and open to new challenges.
* Be willing to carry out personal care duties in certain SEN schools
* Qualifications such as Makaton, PECS, TeamTeach would be an advantage
If you are an experienced Teaching Assistant seeking work in the Portsmouth and surrounding area, please send us your CV using the link provided.